Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Day in the Life

In amongst the shock and grief and worry of Thursday, my period started, just as predicted.

Thankfully, none of my friends or family were caught up in the horror in London. It is only a month since I was there, passing though Liverpool St twice a day to get on the Metropolitan Line or the Circle Line, sitting stuck in a tunnel thinking about the unthinkable. I flew out of Newark 6 hours before the Towers fell. 2 days before that, I was on top of the WTC viewing platform looking down and thinking "1/2 mile drop". It did not stop me getting back on a plane and flying back to visit NYC. This won't stop me visiting London, that grande dame with the bedraggled drawers.

We have survived fires and bombs and other tragedies before and this one will pass too. Unlike NYC, this country has long lived with terrorism and although there has been a lull in the last while, it takes a lot to make us flap. Thursday proved that and then so did Friday. People went back to work, back on the buses, back down into the Tube - in short, two fingers to whoever thinks that we are afraid.

4 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Right on! The UK will not be terrorised! I'm waiting for AF as well. I'm on the home stretch now!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I'm proud of the UK for their response.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

You said it.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger TK said...

I'm a bit late responding, but glad you and yours are all fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home