Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Motto For Today Definitely Contains Swear Words

I got those lupron period blues already and it is only CD2.

I woke up this morning in a pool of blood and with my head in a vice. It was not really in a vice but it surely felt like it.

Yesterday I was totally pollyannaesque, going "This is my last period until after the twins are born....wheeeee...giggle....giggle". A total hormone high. Yeah, I could have slapped myself.

Today it is the opposite end of the spectrum and doom and gloom abounds.

Today, in my head is the Bill Hicks-esque monologue "Who are you trying to kid??? You are zero for two already and that is just fresh donor cycles. Do you want to count those failed IVFs too?? Huh, huh??? Well, do ya?????".

Aaaah, the fun of the hormones. I checked my archives for last year and they are really so handy for reminding me of the manic behaviour, depression, exhaustion and killer headaches. So. handy. Every girl should have them.

Anyhoo, what was I blithering on about????

Oh yes, the worst thing about having a period is sneezing during a period. Really, can we have any more fun???

Then the second worst thing is my annoying stepfather coming round to visit and I am expected to listen to his inane drivel for 3 hours. I was going to kill him but Mr P gave me that look that said I would just upset my mother and the blood would never come out of the rug.

I took myself off to hide in the kitchen with Mr Pinot and Mr Grigio instead and I found them much more amenable and soothing.

Next blog post will be my rant about Studio 60 and the lack of any further episodes. I bet you cannot wait.

12 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hormone blues suck.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Good luck!!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, yes, the mood swings. So scary, for all those involved. Still, as you say, with DE at least one has the consoling company of Mssrs Pinot et Grigrio. How do they mix with Lupron, btw? Perhaps I should be asking Mr P, once he can be coaxed down from on top of the wardrobe?

I am so excited for you, and willing this to work.

Alchemilla

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Oh, P, how awful!
Naturally occuring hormones make us crazy enough, but medically administered super hormones? How can a girl be expected to function?

Just cuddle up to Mr Pinot and Mr Grigio. Mr Pamplemousse will not mind.

Sending you loads of luck across the oceans for this cycle!

PS, my work verification is amukbig. Does that mean somethign big's amuck?

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

So glad you are still on the Prozac!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I was thinking of you today as I was lamenting the ovulation pain and recalling one conversation (I'm so lucky that I get this shit when I O AND w/ period) - I wouldn't wish this useless hormonal activity on anyone. Pain in my almost ass.

Good luck sweets - fuck, forgot about the headache - hideous!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger millie said...

Damn that lupron. I hate it for you.

If only you got a nice cheery email reminding you of everyone else's success on the very day you were feeling so bad.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Studio 60! I loved it so. It was clever and fun and winsome; ergo, they canceled it. Those TV fucks.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger daisy said...

At least you are on your way, hormones, headaches, and all!
I really wanted to see Studio 60 but never got the chance and now it's cancelled??? Grr.
Daisy

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yee haw - cannot WAIT!! I wish that vice would implode or get lost or something - hate the vice!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger M said...

Ooh yuk those period-sneezes...

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

The blood wouldn't come out of the rug! LOL! Your man sure has looks that can convey a message. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home