Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

This Ain't No Disco, This Ain't No Party

Spring has sprung as the grass was cut for the first time today!!! And the clocks go forward an hour tonight and it will be officially British Summer Time. Yeehaw, bring on the summer. (Well, as much summer as we have here, far up in the northern hemisphere. Did you know we are on the same latitude as Moscow here???)

At least they still get snow in Moscow. We have had two smatterings of snow all winter, where the ground was barely white. Even the frosts have not been that bad. The worst thing is that means the midgies will be thronging this year. I know we could still have snow yet here but even Southern England has had more snow than us here. The local ski industry is dying a death.

I treasure my weekends at the moment as work is so mad during the week.

I am delivering some fairly long-term learning at the moment, four weeks per learning tranche. This means that I really get to know my learners as we are in class 5 days a week for 4 weeks at a time but it also means much harder work for me. Harder work but if I did not love it, I would not be doing it. It is a totally different dynamic than delivering 1 day or half-day courses. Then it is like "Hi" and then "Goodbye" in a fairly short period of time.

4 weeks is a long time to deal with diverse personalities and skillsets. I just keep gritting my teeth and smiling!!! Hard to believe, I know!

Today I decided it was time to wrestle my eyebrows and 'tache to the salon, to celebrate the arrival of BST. Whilst there, I also had a valley girl french manicure.

In order to counteract the womanliness and the feminine aura, I came home, donned the overalls, gloves and sunglasses and proceeded to hack my way round the dogwood, buddleia, winter jasmine and any other bush that dared to look my loppers in the eye. Spring cleaning for the garden.

I pretty much did not touch my garden last summer so this year is it! Look out weeds, the end is nigh.

5 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

This ain't no fooling around!

You did remember which bushes were the roses, right?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like you're getting serious!

I'm a tad jealous. It's defintely not time to garden yet here, though things are starting to poke through the ground! :)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger ankaisa said...

It looks like I get to start gardening son, too! There was very little snow this year.

I'm sure your garden will be great by the end of this summer!!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Amyesq said...

God, we are the same! The best way to do it is get the manicure AFTER working in the garden. I get it backwards all the time, too. Glad to hear that work is rewarding right now and that the flowers are starting to pop out. I bet it looks wonderful.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Spring has finally hit us around here, too. It's so much more pleasant to come home to a yard in bloom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home