Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Granny Takes A Trip

Huh! You gals must be confusing me with someone who has spare time on their hands ;)

Cooking??? Planning menus??? Good grief. If my poor mother was waiting on that kind of activity, it would be just in time for her 70th birthday, rather than her 60th!

Do you think I am like either the fabulous Martha or Millie????

No, I took the time-challenged route and booked her favourite restaurant for the party of all immediate adult family members, online-ordered flowers to be delivered on the day and phoned in an order for a decorated cake. I am nothing if not efficient with the phone and a mouse.

Don't get me wrong. I love to look at recipes and think about food but I am in the middle of a huge corporate training delivery. It leaves little or no time or energy for anything else.

I am loving the work and I am feeling totally accomplished and great whilst doing it so it is a great confidence booster after the last few months. However, it takes its toll in terms of the energy left for the rest of things in my life. I am just about keeping up with my teevee viewing but it is a struggle. Most nights, I am in a coma, asleep by 10pm. I have never slept like this in my life and I am attributing it to the Pr*zac.

I did make a trifle for the kids' party for Granny so I did make something. And I planned, paid for and booked her secret present from my brothers and myself which totally blew her away. She was shocked rigid and her face was a picture. Just the surprise I was aiming for.

6 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger beagle said...

So do tell, what was the prezzie?

PS I'm no Martha either!

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jess said...

You sound busy!!!

....but happy.

I'm glad. :)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Trifle sounds lovely. What did you put in it? And what was the amazing present??

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay the suspense is killing me. what was this grand gift? share! share!
also, I am a trifle addict. I've never made one though. And after all the hormones I've been on my butt doesn't need a layer of trifle on it but dang that sounds good right now!
hugs
rae
www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger millie said...

Um, hellllooooo, the easiest parties I do are the ones where someone else does the cooking (and more importantly the cleaning). Like the party last week.

I love trifle and I'm sure that was awesome. What was the present???? Inquiring minds want to know. I want to know.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

^^^^^

Haha Millie is so funny! I want to know too.

Mmmm... trifle. Did you see the Friends episode where Rachel mixed up two recipes and put ground beef in her trifle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home