Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ketchup

6dp2dt today. Sigh.

My life is structured around Martha Stewart: The Apprentice at 2pm on Discovery and the pills and suppositories to be taken at regimented times around the clock.

Warning: If you are one of those people who insists about talking about Lost storylines or the season finale of Greys Anatomy, please be aware that I cannot frequent your blog until you talk of it no more!!!!! We are too behind over here. We have not even started the 3rd series of Greys yet. Sob.

Someone else asked me about beta day. Hahahahahahaha. Let me say that again. Hahahahahahaha. Are you kidding me? My clinic sent me home on transfer day with a yellow sheet advising me to POAS on the 27th of May, precisely 14 days after transfer. If it is positive, I will get an early U/S to determine whether it is a uterine PG.

Lola at Badeggs* says she is in the Silver Cervix club due to her miscarriages. Well, it seems that I am in the Plastic Cervix club. And don't say to me "But Thalia* is getting betas!". I am a long way north of her and several decades behind in terms of treatment.

I don't like getting blood drawn anyway.

Ooops, 90 minutes till the Goddess starts at 2pm. I must prepare my sofa shrine in anticipation. That means no cooter flashing! Martha would not like it.

* Warning again: Both these blogs contain pregnancy.

18 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the questions are - what day are you going to use their pee stick? Do you have others waiting in the wings? What exactly have you learned from Martha and when are you having a great big infertile luncheon?

p.s. I'm vegetarian. He he!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No beta??? I don't know how you can function. How will I function, not knowing what you got? Hell, I drove 765 miles, round trip, yesterday, just so I could get an estrogen level and lining check (I loves me some cooter camming...) That South African clinic is a little too "hands off," for my taste! Take a train to London or someplace less medieval! For my sake...

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Linda said...

No Beta? You DO live in a primitive part of the world! You have my utmost sympathy. I recommend you pee on about eighty sticks, just to make sure. Bring them all in to the clinic when you go, as proof.

xo

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger DD said...

Actually you should take the "no beta" thing and use it to your advantage. Ignorance is bliss.

May you be blissfully blissed out.

Spoiler alert about Martha: she says "It's a good thing" at the end of her show.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Paige said...

sorry to hear about Grey's.....

Hang in there!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger art-sweet said...

I say give Martha a nice flash.

She probably be grateful. I'd suspect she got a taste for it in prison.

(oh my lord, I am really going to hell now)

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger moo said...

I hate the beta (prob cause it's always negative), so I would prefer to pee on a stick. I have not yet watched the finale of Grey's, much to my friends and co-workers'dismay. I have it DVR'd though. I love Martha, Grey's and DVR.

Hope you are hanging in there, P.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Seriously, I bet Martha is about the flash. I think she's all about airing it out.

Flash away, girl. Flash away.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

they say to wait until 14 days after TRANSFER? And then they don't even have the decency to confirm by bloodtest? I'm holding out til Monday (14dp retrieval) for the beta, because I fear even seeing a positive (Please, g-d) on an hpt wouldn't be proof enough for me.

So, yeah - when are you going to test for real?

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

You are a woman on strong constitution. I say 14dpo is plenty of time to wait. 6 more days til you can POAS and be confident.

Sorry they won't take your blood. I have to say I'm glad my clinic does, because after that bleeding I would have lost my mind otherwise!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Indeed, disclaimers please. They're showing the first season of Grey's anatomy here.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, really?? So you dont' want to know that Meredith XXXXXXXXXXX at Prom?? Or that Burke XXXXXXXXX ?
Or that XXXXXXX finally fessed up about knowing about the affair???

Ok, then... I'll be quiet.

Smooch.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger linda said...

Six more days?? My gosh I'm going to be on pins and needles waiting to hear! Hang in there on your couch shrine and continue to take it easy. I am sorry to hear you aren't able to take a blood test to get your results. Maybe you can buy the best POAS that is on the market?

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger MC said...

Demand a Beta, it's your right. Good luck with the rest of the wait.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Umm.. excuse me but you have not given us an update in UMPTEEN days! Please satisfy out curiousity. How are you feeling?

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so 5 more days (if you wait that long). Whenever it happens, it hope it's good news. Really really hope it's good news.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Chee Chee said...

Enjoy, Martha! I wish I were at home right now, rather than having such a productive work day (ha, ha).

I'm hoping for good news from you in a few days!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger beagle said...

A Martha marathon . . . you will be the Queen of hostessing when you're done. Did you ever see the one where she has Richard Simmons on? I had to laugh. He was so goofy and she refused to laugh at him.

No Beta might be a "good thing". Just a nice two line pee stick will do nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home