Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Got a Cure for Potato-Peelers Elbow???

I never want to see a potato again. That is all I am saying.

Lining check today - up to 8.5mm so the crappy feelings from the increase in the hormones has been worth it. Wait for word on Monday re. retrieval date and start of progesterone. Continue to give lining a talking-to and stern admonitions to get with the programme.

Foolish woman that I am, I have been out on the terrace in the sunshine without sunscreen and now I am sunburnt. There must be a hole in the ozone layer right above my house.

Peggie's party tonight and I am hitting the gin. Gonna party like it's 1999. Ooops, too late.

9 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Tsk tsk about the sunscreen! Must be nice to see the sun though. All we have are depressing grey skys above.

Enjoy the party tonight...you deserve it!! mmmm....gin...yummy. OK, I think there is something wrong with me, it's 10:30am and my mouth is watering at the thought of a martini!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Ice, ice, baby (for the elbow).

Glad the lining is behaving!

Enjoy the party!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger linda said...

Wow, your day is coming up fast! 2 more days!?

I am so glad to hear that your lining is behaving and you know it will continue to plump up between now and then. Enjoy the gin, and have a few for me! :-)

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Mellie said...

I still think partying like it's 1999 makes for the most fun. 2006 just ain't as happening.

Lining measurement sounds great! Hooray!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Whohoo! Glad to hear about that lining. Great reason to party. Uh, not that you need one.

Oh, and normally I would scold someone for sitting outside w/o sunscreen but since your house gets, like, three days of sunshine a year, I would say you're OK.

P.S. My word verification for this comment is EOEEW. I hope this is not how you will be feeling tomorrow.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger BSumner said...

someone say gin???????

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamplemousse, good news on the lining! And I think it's wonderful that you're taking a month off -- how I wish I could join you... Enjoy your time and get in lots of what my husband calls I-love-me time!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a feeling that lining would get up there. Fantastic news.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginny - It's Monday!? What's the word?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home