Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, March 05, 2007

There Is No Such Thing In Life As Normal

My new, cheery, all-loving and Zen attitude has been dented this week. I struggle with it every day.

On Sat. morning, I snapped and began shouting at the radio as the presenter spoke to a woman who had called in for a competition. He had asked her to tell him something interesting about her. She replied "Well, I have 3 children". At this, the air turned blue as I yelled obscenities at the poor defenceless radio. I was mainly horrified at the assumption of this woman that there was nothing else "interesting" about her life, other than the 3 children and I was all indignant, up on my high horse.

Would a man answer that question the same way??

Then I caught myself mid-swear-word and pulled back the tidal wave of wrath. I gave myself a mental slap and told myself so what?, that maybe they were the only shining things in her life and she deserved my empathy, rather than the swearing and my judgmental attitude.

See? I have not turned into a complete pollyanna. The real me is still lurking but she does not get out much.

I blame it on the lunar eclipse this weekend and all the planning I have been putting into my mother's 60th birthday celebration. As the only daughter, the expectation falls on me to make it an event and organise everything. Luckily I am medicated enough to be able to do it.

9 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger DD said...

Since it was the woman herself who answered, then I would say that's all she's got and that fails to make her interesting, even to me.

I wonder what I would say in the same position...I'm a real bitch and radio contests suck ass?

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Sorry things are so stressful. Kudos for snapping out of it, though, I mean....at least you REALIZED it, right?

And everyone deserves to go off once in a while!

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamplemousse, I'm also impressed for your stopping yourself in mid-swear. I tend to swear first, beat myself up later.

Good luck with your mum's birthday party!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Anyone claiming to be normal is the least normal of all!

Good Luck w/ the party planning, I'd like details, like menu, etc.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Being zen 100% of the time isn't healthy. Every so often, the un-zen part of you needs to get some air.
Not too long. :-)


Please do share some pointers on the big birthday party. I foibled the 50th birthday party, hopefully I can make it up in a couple of years.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

OOoh parties stress me out no end. What is the plan? Who will do the cooking? (not you, I hope, despite medication).

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Good luck with the party. Hope you have a SUPER time!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like fun, planning the party and all. *grin*
i've been reading your blog for an hour or so, I was very excited to find another donor egg blog to add to my list of must reads.
Very nice to meet you.
hugs
broken

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Normal is overrated my friend. Admirable that you could pull back the tidal wave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home