Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Finally....It's October!!!!

I love the month of my birth. Today is UK Older People Day.

Since I will be 42 next week, I am not sure that I qualify. Or do I????

After a weekend of rising at 06.30 each morning, I certainly do feel like a person over 50. Hats off to the mothers who can deal with 3 children as it totally wears me out. I have come to work today for a rest haha.

It is finally October today and it is 8 days to go. I have started assembling piles of clothes and stuff that will be needed.

I am not officially packing yet but just gathering stuff in the spare room. Now the kiddiewinkles have gone home, I can lay out meds, currency, books, etc etc.

My good friend Millie asked me if I was excited. I don't know if excited is the word. She is like me in that unless we are actively in treatment, there is no chance of a surprise. She has no tubes and I have no good eggs so just to be in the game is exciting for me/us.

However I am certainly excited to be going back to Cape Town as I love that place. The wine, the food, the scenery, the people.....outstanding.

But…a big but. This is my 3rd fresh donor cycle. By the time you are staring down the barrel of the third, all the fairy dust has fallen off. I am pretty negative about the chances of success but I am still fighting the good fight. I do not know how much more I have in me.

I had new fences and gates installed by my brother this weekend so now the back garden is either kid-proof or dog-proof.

One way or another, only time will tell.

PS my anon commenter who is going to be in the waiting room reading Oprah?? Would you like to e-mail me for a chat?? my_pamplemousse@yahoo.co.uk

12 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger DD said...

You forgot "The Weather!" It should be absolutely luscious as the North hemisphere takes it's turn away from the sun.

Eight. More. Days.

Holy crap! I'm excited for you!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Dogs are nice, but I am placing my entire bet on the child proof fence.

Fingers crosses like crazy!

I think I can relate to the not quite excited part too. It's hard to stay 'rah rah' for this long.

We'll cheer for you!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

42 is old? I mean, even in Scotland that's pushing it!!

Mm, 8 days...you will be blogging, right? With piccies?

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Mweh, if you don't get senior citizen benefits yet, you can't be old. ;-)

Just over a week until you leave!

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, a secret admirer? You sexy devil, you!

Good luck in SA. I'm rooting for you so hard.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger tonya said...

YES! I'm holding that positive thought for you to hit the jackpot this month!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger millie said...

8 days!!!!!

I'm EXCITED for you even if you aren't. Mostly because you're going to one of my very fave cities. And so far 42 is pretty good, if I do say so myself. And I'm your elder so you'd better listen up.

And while this is your third fresh cycle, it's the first one with this donor. And she's the perfect match for you. My thumbs are already sore from holding them so hard for you.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so exciting!
happy birthday month to you.
I hope you have a wonderful & successful time - can't wait to read about it!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Summer said...

I am all tingly with excitement for you!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Jess said...

GOOD LUCK!

Fairy dust and sparkly hope is over-rated anyway. TURNS OUT that you don't even NEED any sort of dust (ewww, "baby dust") at ALL to get pregnant! hahaha :)

Thinking of you!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger M said...

Fighting the good fight; it's the best we can do my friend - and time for you to win! x

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Dana said...

Hi!! I have been reading you but this is my first post. Your friend Millie pointed me to your blog as I will be at CFC in November.
I wish you all the best!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home