Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Estrogen Has Landed

And the z-pack antibiotics and the baby aspirin. No wonder I feel nauseated. The depot lupron did not give me hot flashes so much as extreme tiredness and headaches. It could have been worse. Hopefully now that I have started on the progynova and start ramping up the dosage, I will feel more lively.

Amy, my ray of Californian sunshine, did perk me up no end. From the giggles at her lack of clean underwear and the shrieks as Mr P scraped the wayward bat off the hood of the car under the full moon rising to the wolfing of the delicious Bangladeshi curries and the restrained consumption of only ONE bottle of natch, South African wine during her visit. It was good. We did the obligatory ancestral castle visit and saw the heilan coos and the yomping for miles and the lying around eating cheese and biscuits and roast red pepper hummus and falafel. Again, again!!

As soon as she left though, I plunged back into gloom and darkness. She took the sunlight with her and now there is only rain.

Somebody slap me.

15 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger DD said...

*SLAP*

Did you feel that from way over here? It should have felt like a soft kiss to the cheek, actually.

That's just me wishing you a break in the clouds. I've been missing you.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Ahh.. the terrifying time of pre-cycling. I am with you and I am terrified too.

Here's hoping we are able to see the sun every now and then. Glad you had a nice visit with your friend.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh the joys of sunny Amy, I'm so glad you had such a good time together (and v jealous). Sorry to hear about the rain. Not long now til SA and the start of hope again. You can find a tiny ray of hope in there, can't you? Well, I will look for it for you. And don't forget, it's the drugs it's the drugs it's the drugs.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Oh, I'm so not looking forward to all the drugs, which just arrived today. Hope the weather clears soon.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm glad you had at least some sunshine! It's quite the scienc project you've got your body involved in, so it's no wonder you're not feeling fabulous. I hope you're feeling less gloomy and more lively very soon.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be 'stop me?' stop me if you think that you've heard this one before.

Glad you had a good foodie time w/ Amy - what's the SA countdown now?

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, P, sorry you're feeling so crappy.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Jess said...

*SLAP SLAP!*

Hope you feel better soon! (Did the slappings help?)

:)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger moo said...

All I can say is: I hear you sister. I'm glad Amy was a ray of sunshine! Progynova was like a miracle drug to me after the depot shot of the lethal ginecrin. I thought I was pretty ok, mood-wise, but mister m said not so much pretty ok. I was relieved at the stopping of the flashes, but apparently the mood lifted as well. Hang in there.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great visit. Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Glad you had a great visit . . . wish I had some magic way for you to recapture the cheer.

Hang in there.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Glad you had an awesome visit (was ther any doubt?) but sorry to hear you are feeling crappy now. Hang in there, hon.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger soralis said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling crappy. So glad you had a great visit with your friend!

Take care and I hope you feel less gloomy very soon!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger linda said...

Oh my...castle-ing? That is one of my all time favorite things to do! And curries? I am soOOoOOoo jealous. It sounds like you two had a fabulous time! No guarantees that I can light up a place like Amy, but if you ever want a bit of California sunshine you just let me know and I'll be mounting a plane.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Twisted Ovaries said...

I'm a drinker, not a fighter.

Can I offer you a glass, to help cheer you up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home