Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Pamplemousse's Bazaar

Now that I am no longer suicidal with grief all the time, I fear that I will be going back to work soon but in the meantime, I am enjoying the peace and entertaining myself with these. This week, reading:

Brando Unzipped

Part V: Wolves of the Calla

About Grace

Beach Road

Whilst listening to this:

Ray LaMontagne

All the while smearing myself with this in order not to blind the skinny brown Californian when she arrives in 12 days!!!

9 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting some good reading in, listening to some music, and getting a tan! :)

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that you're not feeling awful all the time, too....funny how it sneaks up on you, isn't it?

Happy for you!

Jess

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Put your feet up and enjoy those books. Sounds like a good idea. I need to read something that does not have "coping" or "infertility" in the title!

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I LOVED the whole Dark Tower series, I didn't love Wolves of the Calla. But I did read Beach Road a few weeks ago and really like it.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

oooh! I heart Ray LaMontagne. I saw him on an Austin City Limit show & could not believe THAT sound came from that man. He was so shy performing & even said that he would really like it if they would just turn off the lights so he could play in the dark.
Been thinking about you...
xo

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Are you reading all four simultaneously or in sequence? I sometimes pace myself with tough books by reading easy reads in bed at night, for example. I haven't read any of those - would you recommend one in particular (MUST stop buying books...)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger moo said...

I haven't read any of those! Please provide reviews when finished!

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are getting some good reading in. Please do post some reviews. I haven't been able to get into anything good at the moment.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger zarqa said...

I totally just put Ray LaMontagne on my amazon wish list. I've heard that "saved by a woman" song and I kept meaning to look up who sang it. Thanks!
PS Glad to see the grief abating somewhat :)

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Nico said...

I actually was going to comment on your most recent post, but there's something funky going on with it and I could add anything.

I'm so excited for your South African trip. I can't believe how close it is! I hope that the hammer doesn't treat you too badly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home