Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Elegantly Wasted

Ha! No weigh-in this week as I was in a faraway place, full of hippies and musicians and scrumptious food. What a shame! It was the perfect excuse I needed to get totally wasted and eat scrummy food. Damn those musician types for encouraging me into bad habits I thought I had forgotten!

Mr P's band had been invited to play at an Arts festival last weekend so we packed the car and off we went. The only thing that was freaking me out was that our accommodation had been organised on an ad hoc basis and that now always makes me a tad nervous.

I was OK with that in my younger years and it invariably meant dossing down on someone's living room floor with a sleeping bag. Now my back and my middle-aged pillow obsession will not let that happen so easily. I stowed the duvet and my pillows in the back of the car just in case.

So if you were on a back road in Argyll on Sunday morning on your way to church and passed a middle-aged woman in head-to-toe black, looking bleary-eyed and clutching a large square pillow? Yep, that was me, walking back from a house we stayed in, not even knowing our benefactors' names. Thank you very much for your Highland hospitality.

14 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger DD said...

Actually, that sounds like a great time. Not only would I have packed the duvet and pillow, but my eye-pillow to block out the light and ear plugs, because, Yes, I intend to sleep.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

Ha ha ha ha! I know what you mean. In college, I had no idea where I crashed out sometimes and now? Must be comfy.

Great about Mr. P's band, though. I bet you had a blast!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger zhl said...

What, no picture? Come on, P, don't tease us like that.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger moo said...

Classic. Thanks for the visual. I can relate to the pillow deal. I have same issue. Add a little sweat (suppression hot flashes and you could..or that's right.. you WILL be..me)

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Oh, yeah, I've got to have a pillow, too!!

Glad you had a little trip, though, and lots of good food and beverage! :)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Glad you had such a great time- it's always good to let loose every now and again. And again.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I am also attached to my bed and pillows...camping last fall? Not as much fun anymore...

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add, I even took my pillow to South Africa!

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger chris said...

That's just funny. Think of all the interesting stories you'll have to tell your grandkids someday.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Good thing the paparazzi don't care for civilians or else you might be on the cover of a gossip rag tomorrow!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger linda said...

Sounds like a good time to me! My other half is a musician, too (drummer), and we've slept in some pretty wild places when he's gone on gigs. I, too, am getting a bit old for the floor and the 4:00am, "Let's all get wasted and see how many people can fit in a hottub!" thing. But I usually find a way to get myself into the hottub anyways. ;-)

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice that you could get away for a bit, despite the less than desireable sleeping arrangements! Funny how much pickier we are now!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh - I wonder if the bedding down in various locations was similar in our youth? hmmm...

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds fun, hope you enjoyed yourself. I must admit when I was younger I could crash anywhere; now I'm completely OCD and must have a detailed itinerary... Funny what old age can do to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home