Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Where's My Coat and Umbrella?

You know I am only posting in a frenzy to keep Lynnette and the twins happy, right???

I think it is sheer nervous energy. I phoned a friend today who told me to slow down and stop talking so fast. I am usually pretty laidback so I must be pretty hyper for my friend to comment.

I checked Expedia to gloat about the prices of KLM flights and our flights now cost twice as much as we paid back in June. Hee hee! I love it when I think I have got a bargain.

I am up to 4mg oral estrogen per day now and tomorrow I ramp up to 6mg. I have more spots than a teenager and feeling awfully weepy (when I am not hyper). I also have a rash on my hand and lower arm. I never have rashes or skin problems so I blame the hormones. I still have the headaches but funnily enough, no hot flashes…yet.

Really, doing a donor cycle is physically so undemanding, compared to normal IVF. One injection and then some pills every day. What's not to like?

I do keep burping a fishy taste from the extra-strength fish oil and I am taking so many vitamins I could rattle but other than that, pretty much business as normal.

Apart from the whole 6 days to go thing. Off now to canter round the kitchen in a manic Mary Poppins stylee.

12 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Less than a week!! So close!!!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger beagle said...

The excitement is palpable!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger DD said...

Canter? CANTER? What the hell? You are not a horse and Mary never cantered.

Instead she jumped from chimney to chimney like a "normal" person.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

So good to read this post. You sound so happy and I am happy (and hopeful) for you. The power of positive thinking and all that...

I will email tomorrow to tell you all about the excitement at our house tonight when a wonderful parcel arrived from across the pond.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger millie said...

A spoonful of stevia or agave nectar makes the medicine go down.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, we appreciate it. ;-) (wiggling over, now)

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger moo said...

"The waiting is the hardest part..." anthem from the 80s

I am so on the edge of my seat, Ms P.

Post more!!!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't help it, I am too SO EXCITED for you. Also, a bargain is a bargain is a bargain is wonderful, you "saved" so much money :-)

I always thought that doing the IUIs after the failed IVFs was easy for my body too. I was doing so much better physically. Really.

Thinking of you and can't wait for you to return from SA.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Now there's an idea for a movie, Mary Poppins goes Florence Nightingale on the IVF ward, tjirping "a spoonfull of sugar makes the embryos go down..."

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

I hate those fishy burps. I've found taking them part way through a meal works well - keeps the burps down.

Yaay for 6 days, it's all happening really fast now.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only another 3 days now? I am SO SO excited for you, Ms P.

Alchemilla

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you in Cape Town, will be thinking of you and wishing a little African for you. So jealous you are going to Cape Town. Roxy's in Gardens does great milkshakes until 4am if ever you can's sleep, and the decor is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home