Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

For Every Old Sock, There Is An Old Shoe

It was a Spring Bank Holiday on Monday and yet alack, I was at work. Plus ca change! Someone has to do it ;)

Happy Memorial Day to you lazy Yanks! Hope you had a cocktail for me. Just kidding about the lazy part, not the cocktail part.

Talking of lazy days, I am winding down this week towards my next 2 weeks holiday. It is a dirty job but someone has to do it.

I am off with the customary pile of books, DVDs, laptop and embroidery for a week in the wilds of the West Coast of Scotland. Yes, I am taking Mr P too. He has to drive the car there....hahaha.

The view out the window of the cottage we are renting is of Rum and Eigg. I am looking forward to doing nothing for a week but gazing at the sea and the islands and exhaling. It is the same place we went last summer, after the ectopic. It is the most soothing place on earth and it calms my soul.

Today is our 10th wedding anniversary but I am not doing much to mark the day. We have exchanged the usual soppy cards but I can still remember celebrating last year about being newly pregnant after the first donor cycle and I really do not want to be reminded of that. I am not being maudlin, just pragmatic.

10 years of marriage is worth celebrating, particularly after the trials of the last year and we will do it......just not right now.

So here's to Mr P. Please raise your cocktail glass in his honour.

I will let him have a little downtime and a chance to gaze at the islands next week too. He does deserve it, truly.

Dedicated to him, here is one of my favourite Johnny Cash songs and the lyrics say it all.

17 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. Have a lovely vacation.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your vacation. Sounds like a lovely place to visit.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a relaxing time on holiday! :)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger DD said...

'97 was a very good year, wasn't it? My 10th is only a couple weeks away...except I won't be viewing the beauty of the sea.

I raise my glass to you both and wish for many more. Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Happy anniversary to both of you! Enjoy your getaway together.

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, dear Pamplemousse! I hope you have a wonderful, romantic, relaxing holiday together.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

Happy anniversary! Have a lovely holiday, and I hope the weather is fabulous for once.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy anniversary!! 10 years is impressive!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com (gots to do it this way, am having trouble with google/blogger)

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Happy 10th Mr. and Mrs. Pamplemousse!

Enjoy your time at the sea.

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, sniff. That is so sweet. Happy Anniversary.

Sadly, I was at work this past weekend, too. What's up with that? Have a wonderful time off, my dear.

-Amyesq
(Blogger is back to hating me again!)

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10th anniversary!!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger millie said...

Happy happy anniversary! Enjoy your weeks away. You both deserve it. Any more travel plans since you get so many holidays there?

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I am the owner of www.greateggsblog.com, a website which contain a list of blogs of egg donors, women who are currently trying to conceive, women who succeeded in conceiving and women who adopted.

I am also the owner of www.greateggs.com, www.greateggslegal.com, and www.greateggsclinic (which is currently under construction).

Greateggs.com is a site which contain reviews of egg donor/surrogacy agencies, and a free classified section for independent egg donors and recipient couples, etc.

Greateggslegal.com website is a site which lists of the reproductive lawyers in the USA.

Greateggsclinic.com is a site which contains reviews of the IVF clinics in the US.

The sole purpose of the 4 boards is primarily to provide a one-stop shopping of information for women who have decided to go through IVF treatments with the assistance of egg donors.

I hope that you don't mind me adding a link to your site in one of my sites - www.greateggsblog.com. If you are not okay with it, let me know and I will remove it asap.

Thank you for your time and sharing your story.

MH

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

Congratulations on 10 years Pamplemousse. Just watched 'Walk the Line' this weekend though I knew virtually nothing about JCash before - can recommend the film for an evening when you've not much to do . . . he didn't sing that song though, more's the pity.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I am just catching up and am ridiculously late on this, but better late than never?

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger linda said...

Happy Anniversary dear Pamplemousse!! We're coming up on our 7th in July...trailing you by three years. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home