Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cough, cough....

Well, Happy New Year to you!

Why yes, I have not posted since before last summer and no, I have no bloggy shame either!

Where have I been? Mostly on Facebook or Facecrack as Mare likes to call it. If you know me there, then you know what is going on in my humdrum life.

Nothing much has been happening.

We went to California in June and visited with our most gracious hosts, Millie and the Mister who entertained us, fed us, watered us and generally tolerated our touristy questions and thick Scottish accents. Millie christened Mr P as the Headbanger after an unfortunate incident at SFO airport with the door of her eco-friendly SUV. Amy visited too from San Diego and great fun and laughter was had. We were also extremely privileged to attend an adoption meeting held by Millie's fabulous adoption consultant and visit with the other people at the meeting. San Francisco was my kind of town and if you are a friend on FB, heaps of photos are on there.

Other than that big trip, life has been going on, in fits and starts. Lots of grieving for my mum and hard days to get through sometimes. November brought the 1st anniversary of her death and although there are still tears on a regular basis, like all other kinds of sorrow, time does help blunt the pain.

My nephew and nieces help too, as there is no rest for the wicked when they are on the go. My mum was their main babysitter and now it is me and Mr P but I am glad of the distraction, particularly at holiday times. Xmas just past was hard without Mum but not as awful as the one before.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to break the blogwriting block and dust off 2010. I am planning another trip stateside for June but on the East coast this time. Look out NYC, NJ and Boston area!! Lots of planning to do for that. I am also thinking of applying for a new job in my Dept as I need more of a challenge work-wise.

Hope you are all healthy, happy and wise! Ciao bellas!!

14 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Lynnette said...

I almost fell over when I saw a post by you! So glad to get an update. I might have to go to the East Coast myself in June, if its the only way to see you! Happy New Year woman!

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Jess said...

So glad to hear from you!! Sounds like you're doing great. Happy New Year! Hope 2010 is the best for you yet!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Orodemniades said...

So glad to hear from you, too! In fact, I wanted to pick your brains a little as to services in Scotland for someone who's 45 and has decided that she wants a baby after all.

I know.

Are there any blogs I could point her towards, or websites or clinics abroad or anything?

Hey, I'm on FB too although under a different name...heh heh...if you feel in the mood to friend me, send me an e! (I mostly lurk on fb, though)

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Zarqa said...

What a great surprise to see a post from you appear on my feed!

I've transferred all my online-wonderful-ness (sans angst) to FB too. If you want to friend me (if you even remember me!) please feel free to.

Glad to hear things are plugging along apace.:)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said...

All sounds good, very nice surprise to hear from you again!
I'm planning a bloggy new year and so far have managed a post a day! Perhaps it will last into February?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

It's great to hear from you!

Sounds like a fabulous trip to the US, and another one in the works.

Has it been over a year already since your mother passed away? I can imagine the holidays were tough for you.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually forgot what it looked like around here - haha!!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I wondered if you were ever coming back! Hooray for a trip to the east coast! I live in Delaware and will SO totally travel to meet you.

xoxox

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Yo-yo Mama said...

See? You're going to have to schedule a Meet and Greet in New England somewhere. I'm so pumped!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous silene said...

How nice to see you here again! I have thought of you from time to time over the past several months and began to despair of ever reading a new post...

I can only imagine how hard the holidays must have been for you. I hope that time continues to lessen your pain.

I'm in NYC - if you make it over here I'll gladly take you for a cup of tea!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger filmgal30 said...

You're here! Yippee! And I know I hardly know you except on here, but if you ever decide to visit the middle of the USA, you have a place to stay in Iowa! So much I want to talk to you about, but I've been putting off sending an e-mail, but eventually, I was oh so hoping you would come back to here and post..good luck on the job front!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

can't let a post from you go by without a comment. Hope all well and that your lovely dog is flourishing.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger DrSpouse said...

Hello! Just thought I'd stop by and see if a meme would persuade you to post?

http://drspouse.blogspot.com/2010/04/meme.html

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Nico said...

Well! I just got a FB invite from T for your excellent adventure, I look forward to meeting you! Any more details yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home