Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Driving Round The Bend

So....still alive, still learning to drive and waiting with bated breath for my test date of October 27th to come round. Mr P has started to zone out when I am driving so I think that is a good sign. No going-away holidays planned for the near future which would normally totally depress me but as I will have to purchase a car soon....I am psyched. That's my update.

My mum....lymph nodes clear, not hormone-related or genetic type of breast cancer and they are pretty happy that they seem to have caught it very early before it had a chance to spread. Only time will tell but Mum has a 3-week course of radiotherapy starting next month to make sure any oogies are well and truly zapped. In the meantime, they have sold their house and are getting ready for the move to Greece, post-radiotherapy recovery and the hopeful all-clear.

Yes, everything is going on all at the same time and I think it would have been better to postpone the house sale but what do I know? It may surprise you to know that I can keep mouth zipped and foot clear, when necessary. The way the housing market is here, who knows when another buyer would have appeared?? It is their life, not mine so hence the zippedness.

Miss Pops is almost a year old. Her 1st birthday is a week before mine and barring any more chicken-chasing incidents, will almost be a mature young lady. The chickens are not ours but next-doors precious progeny. They say good fences make good neighbours so ours is now impregnable (no pun intended ha!).

Ciao, sweeties.

8 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger MsPrufrock said...

I do declare that I have the first comment, so uh, yay for me!

It's good to read an update from you. I think of you often as I navigate the blogosphere.

Since it might be awhile before we hear from you again, good luck on the driving test. You're a braver woman than I!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Yay UPDATE!!

I'm happy that you sound so happy! I hope your mom's tests come back clear and all is well. :)

Let us know about your driving test!!!

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, an update at last. I am so glad that the prognosis for your Mum looks good. It certainly sounds like all should go smoothly.

Good luck with the driving test. What type of car do you plan to buy?

Can't believe your puppy is going to be a year old... time flies. Keep updating.

Much love, Janie

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger filmgal30 said...

Yipee! You posted an update..truly excited to hear what is going on with you and your family. Glad to hear your mom is doing okay. Good luck with the driving test, although my husband would say "what the heck are you doing driving on the wrong side of the road" in which I would reply that you are in the mother country and we are just the colonies, so maybe "we are driving on the wrong side of the road". Maybe Miss Pops is part chickenhawk????

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger tonya said...

Hey, it is a good sign that he's not white-knuckling it the whole way while you drive! ;)

I will be keeping your mum in my thoughts, and hoping all goes well for her. My own mom has to go in for a biopsy next week after two questionable mammograms.

It is hard to imagine that a whole year has nearly passed. Amazing how time flies. Any new pix of your little darling?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Hope your mum is okay and best for the driving!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

Hooray for zapping all those oogies. Final all-clear will likely be in 12 months? In the meantime let's hope your driving tester is as zoned out as Mr P!

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best for the test today. hope all goes well with your mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home