Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Better Luck Next Time

Yes, indeedy. I failed my driving test.

It was all going so well until I totally stuffed up of one of the 2 mandatory reversing maneouvres....reversing round a corner. I got in a flap and totally failed to see the car coming up behind me. Game over....a serious fault and automatic failure. Other than that, it was fab. I am not downhearted. The only thing that is pissing me off is that I cannot re-sit it until February.

Another winter of cold bus stops and railway stations, I suppose. I have coped for 43 years so another few months will not make any difference.

It is very tempting to start mithering and woe-is-me-ing about failure in another area of my life but I am not riding that pony. Oh no.

In other news, myself and Miss Pops are both a year older officially. We are both pretty unperturbed by the fact. Celebrations were low-key but doggie birthday cake was the highlight for Miss Pops. She did not pay much attention to the card she got from Granny.

Granny is now having her radiotherapy and has moved in with me and Mr P and my stepdad too. It is a bit cramped but we are coping. They sold their house and the way the market is here, they felt they could not pass up the offer. So we are playing Happy Families for a few months until she gets the all-clear and they can go back to Greece.

Apart from the whole mother/cancer thing, life is pretty humdrum here and I like it like that.

10 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I hope your mom does well with her chemo!

I'm sorry about your driving test but hopefully next time will be better!!

Happy birthday to you and your sweet pup!

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Reversing around a CORNER? I am so lucky to live in the US. I am pretty sure that I would fail that every time. Silly test.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said...

Pleased to hear from you, though sorry about your driving test. Happy Birthday anyway!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Summer said...

You have to go in reverse around a corner on a driving test? Seriously?

Sorry that one thing resulted in you not getting your license. I hope this winter won't be too cold.

And I hope your mother's treatments go smoothly.

A belated Happy Birthday to you and to Miss Pops!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

all the best people fail their driving test the first time. But not til february? That's cruel!

Happy birthday to you and Miss pops, did you get more than a birthday card?

And lots of good thoughts for granny. I hope the radiotherapy isn't too exhausting.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Oh bother! (a la Winnie the Pooh)

. . . you can come take your test here . . . I promise it's easier!

Happy belated Birthday to you and Miss Poppy!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Oh, where is my brain?

Best wishes to your mum and good luck to you all on the close quarters . . .

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Linda said...

They make you back up around a CORNER?! Good grief, woman! Does anyone pass? Better luck next time, I am sure you will ace it. Around a corner...goodness...

Happy Belated Birthday to both you and the splendid Miss Poppy!

Good luck to your mother. I hope the radiotherapy is treating her kindly (or as kindly as it can) and that you are all doing well in the close quarters.

xo
Flicka

PS~ Missed you.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Too bad you failed the driving test, better luck next time.

Happy birthday to you and Poppy!

Fighting cancer, a scary time for your mother and you too. I hope it is all behind you soon.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger millie said...

Thalia is right. All the best people fail the first time. I certainly did. And I didn't have to reverse around a corner. That is seriously crazy.

Hope the chemo goes well for your mom and she gets the all clear oh-so-soon.

And happy birthday to you and Miss P. You youngster, you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home