Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

No More Whinging aka Remember It's The Massive Doses of Hormones








These views from the pool deck remind me how lucky I am to be able to travel to this beautiful spot. On the flight, I spent a lot of time crying and asking myself why I was putting myself through this again. My moods have been more manic than I have experienced since prior to starting the prozac. It takes a lot of getting used to. I have to keep reminding myself that I am taking huge doses of hormones and it is not really me. Last night was a very low, low point.


Thank you for all your helpful comments and general support. I could feel the love!!


Beagle, you made me snort with laughter at your comment as that is exactly what I was doing last night, with my feet up on the wall. It reminded me of those faraway days of TTC when I used to do that to help the swimmers get to the place they needed. How young and naive I was!

Luckily, the elevation and the cold water soaking helped very much and they are almost back to normal again this morning. Today I am taking it easy...no long stints in the car, no wine, no stress. And definitely no whinging.

Last night's shot seems not to have turned into a knot. I made Mr P massage my arse for over twenty minutes. Poor guy ;)

I also did some research and some bloggers advocate walking around after the shot to move the muscle. So I did a bit of that and then added in my longtime companion, Teddy Hottie. He is my hot water bottle that accompanies me all around the world. I don't know sometimes who ranks top...him or Mr P. It can be a close call.

Lynnette, I took a picture of the kelp especially for you this morning with my phone. Mr P got me a bluetooth dongle this week so my Nokia pics can be quickly posted on the blog. Expect a lot more ;)

8 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Look at the view!

Glad to hear your mood is leveling out a bit. Considering the hormones and the circumstance, I think you're entitled to some wild mood swings though.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It feels like I never left. Beautiful. Yesterday, I went back and reread my archives. Its amazing how up and down any cycle goes. For PIO, I always recommend a hot wet washcloth (microwave it a 10 seconds or so) on the site right before the injection and warming the needle-less syringe under the "boob flap" for 5 or 10 minutes and then attaching the needle to inject. I "hardly" ever had a problem. Of course that petrol smelling PIO they use in SA, is alot thinner than the sesame oil crap they use here. Ha ha...He never gets to massage my ass! I don't even think he's seen it in 18 months! And yes, I am up at the ass crack of dawn, here in the US. I certainly wish "this" on you, as you know. Big hugs!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Hormones are great! Must dash and stick head in oven now.

Good luck tomorrow!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger DD said...

I use the adhesive warming pads that are disposable. If you did that, you could walk and warm at the same time. Otherwise, I'm sure walking around with a hot water botte duck taped to your ass would be quite the trend setter.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, I love the smell of hormones in the morning.

Hang in there kiddo, you've got the whole internet (and Mr P, from the sounds of it) behind you. Literally, in his case. ;)

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie I'm sorry you had such a crap day yesterday. Thinking of you SO much.

Alchemilla

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Janie L. Hermann said...

Just getting caught up. Glad to see that your mood and feet are better today. I have been sending loads of P&PT to you each morning and night.

Say Hi to Mr. P from me and tell him to keep massaging your tush and catering to your every hormone-driven mood and whim.

Muah. Love you muchly. xoxox skiboo

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger beagle said...

Glad I could provide some levity!
Gorgeous photos/view.
Here's hoping your next return is for a family holiday.

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home