Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Alive, Alive-O

We are here! It is sunny!! And I made it through the flight without a panic attack!!

And I am very over-excited as you can tell from the liberal use of exclamation marks. Donor doing well, retrieval on Friday and my lining is at 11mm. That was the great stuff. Now onto the not-so-funny or great.

We arrived late Tuesday night, made it off the plane super-quick in front of the 400-strong herd to get through immigration. Yes! I thought. Straight to baggage and we will be in the car in 10 minutes.

No. Very quickly, the first suitcase came round the baggage carousel, complete with its super-distinctive identifying NYC taxi strap.

Then we waited and waited and I grew dizzy, watching the same endless parade of suitcases go round and round. And round again.

We kept thinking some more baggage must be coming so we waited some more. An hour later, we realised that our other suitcase was not going to magically appear and perhaps it was time to make enquiries at the KLM desk.

By this time, I was almost sobbing with exhaustion, after having travelled for 15 hours at that point. My cankles were threatening to take over the airport and I was just not in the mood.

I was prepared to abandon the stupid suitcase but Mr P reminded me it was the one containing all the baby booty for Bosom Buddies. Without it, I would have no legitimate reason to meet the gorgeous and divine Tertia.

I was now freaking out that our driver would have abandoned us as we were now so late. He probably thought we had been arrested for drug smuggling.

Ok, gotta go. To be continued. Stay tuned for more tales of derring-do, hobbit feet and sunset on the beach.

12 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Glad you made it safely!!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Sunshine!
It's been foggy and chilly where I live all day!

Hopefully the suitcase will turn up.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger filmgal30 said...

So glad you made it safely! I'm so excited for you. I'll be praying to every god, goddess, deity, nature creature for you all day tomorrow that this time will do the trick! Hoping and praying and wishing along with you. Just remember from one infertile PCOS chick to another-when you are in the middle of the procedure and during the long 2ww, you are not alone, we are all out here sending positive thoughts your way. Shanti, Shanti, Shanti to you (Peace, Peace, Peace).

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Glad to hear you've arrived safey!
Sorry about the luggage fiasco!!
I hate it when that happens!
Wish I were in SA instead of here!!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic - you're able to blog.

Sun, welcoming lining, retrieval set for tomorrow, everything except the suitcase bit sounds terrific.

I'm getting used to the tenterhooks, which is good, because I think I'll be on them for the next three weeks or so thinking of you. (Makes me think of a course of drug, as in: I'm on lupron and tenterhooks for the next week). I am wittering. Will shut up and get back to cantering around my kitchen.

Alchemilla

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Ooohh, so excited I am. Keep us posted and I hope you got your luggage!

 
At 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo - good luck tomorrow!

Yeah, um blech on the airport/suitcase thing - I hope they find it for you soon. Hate that.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger millie said...

You're there!!!! Sorry for the suitcase snafu but may that be the only thing that goes screwy. Will be thinking of you constantly! Lots of exclamation points here for you!!!!!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Oh I hate the baggage thing. I've never forgiven ba for losing a bag of mine about 11 years ago. I do hope yours shows up.

But YAy for being there and your good cheap flight.

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad you made it safe & sound.
I hope your bag did as well.
Can't wait to read more adventures.

xo

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger moo said...

So glad you made it! Hoping your bag appears and the trip continues without further ado. Awiting your good news. Much love from the Moos. You are in fantastic hands.

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derring do? Hobbit feet? Sunset on the beach? I'm riveted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home