Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Homeward Bound

I am sad to leave but so looking forward to being home.

Our luxurious hotel here in the City Bowl has been out of this world, an oasis of tranquillity and calm. Outside my window is the oldest grapevine in Cape Town and the tiny little grape buds are reaching to the sky.

We dined last night at the most fabulous restaurant and we were treated like royalty. Mainly because Millie had prepared the way and even more so, when they told us the bill had already been taken care of. Luckily I was not having a weepy day yesterday or it could have been a brouhaha.

Thank you, sweetie. You are too generous.

Not only did she prep the restaurant, Millie also asked the hotel staff to be extra nice to us. Last night, there was singing and dancing. This morning, we had rose petals on our breakfast table and more singing. Oh, and a gorgeous chocolate cake too. I felt like the queen.

It is a pity we have to leave but all good things must come to an end.

It is 8dp3dt today and there is no peeing here. Not because I am being strong but because I do not want to have a breakdown anywhere but in the comfort of my own home.

I have heaps more photos but they will have to wait. See you when we are back in the Northern hemisphere!

14 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger beagle said...

safe travels!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Millie is a total star.

All the best for the trip, poppet, and I have everything crossed for you.

Alchemilla

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Christ, I was already getting positive digitals at 8dp3dt...we must have pee! I'll be thinking of you...

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Waiting and hoping for you.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Millie - what a sweetheart!

Can't wait til you get peeing - I mean, home - slan abhaile! he he.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger moo said...

Millie is the bomb!

Please pee. I had a + at 8dp3dt also.

OMG. Please post soon!

Holding thumbs in the south USA

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Safe travels and good luck with the peeing!!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Summer said...

Gotta love Millie!

Have a safe trip home!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Mother Hen said...

Have been reading you for sometime. Crossing everything for you.
Positive thoughts to you and Mr P.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger filmgal30 said...

Fingers crossed and sending up a whole storm of positive thoughts for you, Mr. P, and the two in the oven!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger millie said...

Safe, safe travels. I can't wait until you are peeing at home (and it should be any time now, no?).

I'm so glad you liked my fave place. You are a queen and totally should be treated as such everywhere you go.

Mwaaaah.

(And as I said earlier, I did have to compete with Tertia's new boobs...)

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Amyesq said...

TOTALLY been thinking about you and following along!! Sorry haven't gotten to post until now (that whole being evacuated from our home thing seriously puts a damper on the blog stuff) but am totally praying you get a big, fat, plus when you get home. MUCH love.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger tonya said...

Wow, it feels like a cliffhanger... but I can relate to your logic. Hoping you have a safe journey home, and that you're bringing home a couple of hitchhikers!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger DD said...

Aaaaaarrrrghhhhh! The suspense is killing me! Please, please update!

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home