Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

5dp3dt











Snappy title, huh?




I am not feeling very snappy today. In fact, can't stop weeping. Even the sunshine can't cheer me up this morning. I fear this is the beginning of the end of cycle blues.




Alchemilla, all I can tell you is that we did not discuss sexual fantasies for the sake of Mr P, who blushes easily, but she did offer to let me feel her new boobs. I gracefully declined but you should have seen the look on Mr P's face as I think it fulfilled several of his fantasies simultaneously ;)




I shall not whinge on and on but the good news is that the PIO shots are easy as pie now. No soreness and just a little bruising. Mr P has developed arm muscles of steel from all the massaging hehe.




Tomorrow we leave our B&B in Camps Bay for a couple of nights of luxury in the city. Flying home on Tuesday and I am reaching the stage of looking forward to going home. I miss my own bed and pillows. The weather has been windy but beautifully warm and sunny and I am storing up as much rays as possible before we fly home to the gloom.




Enjoy the photos.

10 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger DD said...

It figures they would keep all the Hope in S.A. in a cape...

You are not allowed to be weepy as that in turns makes me weepy, and all that weepiness sucks.

The scenery is quite amazing and as it chills off here, it's hard to imagine it's only just warming up there.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah, poor Mr P. I can't believe you denied him that, and also, that you passed up the opportunity to find out what a good boob job actually feels like (I have been curious for a while).

Come home - the trees are turning their autumn colours, geese are flying over in V formation, honking, back from their summers in um Iceland?... Greenland? and we're having lovely crisp clear days that make me think of bonfires, parsnip mash and making some additions to my winter wardrobe.

Alchemilla
xx

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger beagle said...

The photos are amazing!

I'm sorry you're feeling so weepy though. It sucks extra bad when you can't feel happy in paradise. I do see a tiny smile in the one photo though . . . some of that hope must have rubbed off.

Fingers crossed over here!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Cape of Good Hope seems entirely appropriate. It's what I have for you...

Um, the good hope, not the cape, as I do not find yards and yards of billowing satin to be particularly slimming.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger millie said...

Such gorgeous pictures! I also detect a smile so that magical spot must have done a bit of magic.

I still think you should pop into a lab for a test before you leave. There's one just up the street from the CH.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have been lurking but cheering you on. What beautiful pics.

Actually it's not too gloomy here on the Scottish east coast. Hopefully some of the sunshine will hang on for your return to your home pillows.

All the very best

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm hoping the hope is good. Indeed. Love from afar.

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Ooooh, the penguins!! I love them! I've ALWAYS been a sucker for the penguins.

Hoping for you...feel snappy soon!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cape of Good Hope indeed! I am praying so hard....

Your pics are lovely, as are you.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have an update. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers constantly. Hope the change of scenery helps lift your spirits. J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home