Pamplemousse

PCOS - check. Infertility - check. IVF - check. 43 years young - check. Sick of babydust - fricking double check. Join a Scottish infertile as she slowly swirls down the plughole. Now with added donor egg flava.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Put On Your Red Shoes and Dance the Blues

I am hoping that just by typing, some blog inspiration will come........

Tick tick tick.......

Well, maybe not.

What's happening Chez Pamplemousse??

Well, spring has sprung, the lambs are lambing, the birds are now tweeting at 4am and the flowers are coming out so it is all good.

Miss Pops is having her 2nd season and she is definitely having the op in a couple of months so no puppies for her. If I can't have some, neither can she hahaha. Just kidding. It is a 24 hr a day commitment for a litter of pups and I could not do it. I am barely here as it is. Besides, the big stumbling block is that I would want to keep any pups and not give them away. Yes, I am a big wuss.

The big California trip is getting nearer. Just over 3 weeks to go! Look out San Francisco, here we come!! I am still trying to persuade Mr P that we need to hire an RV but he is being a chicken....squawk, squawk!!

I was listening to Joni Mitchell and Chick Corea to get in the mood this morning. I think I need a Cali playlist on my ipod. Any good suggestions????

10 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Lynnette said...

Well the first thing that came to mind was L L Cool J's "Going Back to Cali." Always reminds me of my college days, too. Have fun!

p.s. Off topic: Bay City Rollers. Yes___ No___

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I have no real advice on the playlist, but it is good to hear from you. Miss you.

Glad to hear that things are well. Sympathies to Miss Pops on her impending doom! :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

If you'd have puppies, and they would have puppies, ... they cute little critters would run you out of the house. Does the word 'tribble' ring a bell?

As for the playlist, I'd take some Goldfrapp, some Moloko, and Cake for the longer drives.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger beagle said...

Any thing beach boys and whoever sings it never rains on California.

Man I wish I could zip over and meet you!

And yes . . . rent/hire the RV! That is one of my best childhood memories. Christmas on the California coast in an RV. We took a fallen evergreen branch for our Christmas tree at the campground. If you have time for a trip north the Oregon dunes are gorgeous. And if you get an old VW camper . . . just FYI . . . it fits in that hole in the giant redwood tree.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Rufus Wainright's "California"

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger martine said...

Try the 'Women in Country' cd, a friend send me a tape of it and it has been our favourite travelling soundtrack, especially "Gimme some wheels"!!
best wishes
Martine

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time commenting---have a great trip. Whatever happens, wildfires, mudslides, earthquakes (you do know it's pretty exciting there!), do not miss the redwood forests!
And as for playlist, definitely the Beach Boys, added to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, SO California!
:-)
Molly K

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous filmgal30 said...

I miss reading you! I know how hard it is to keep up an infertility blog when pretty much all attempts have failed. I am still trying but getting to the end of my rope and I haven't touched my infertility blog in months it's too depressing, but I do miss reading you and hearing about your daily life....I will try to email you at some point but when I click on your email link I have to set up my email through outlook on this laptop and I am too lazy (and not tech enough) to figure out server stuff to list, so for now I will just say I wish you would post something so we all know you are "okay" and maybe think about morphing this blog into something more about just you and your daily life because frankly I miss reading you and hearing how you and the mister and the puppy are doing...please think about it.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Country Chick said...

I miss you too and often think about you.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous moo said...

Miss you, miss p. love, the Moos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home